Last month, we had our first hack-a-thon in many years. Attendance was spread out over the weekend and some great contributions got completed.
- Carl Gay documented our regular expressions library.
- Peter Housel made more solid progress on our LLVM compiler back-end.
- Dustin Voss improved some aspects of our support for limited collections.
- Ingo Promovicz improved support for locking I/O streams.
- Bruce Mitchener worked on merging run-time libraries to help provide more consistent support for various features across the various compiler back-ends.
- Francesco Ceccon worked on the gobject-introspection bindings and the generator for creating C-FFI bindings for the GTK+ family of libraries.
- Hannes Mehnert addressed some issues in the networking library surrounding localhost connections.
- Andreas Bogk returned from the dead and observed the goings on after a multi-year absence.
- Tom Emerson began investigating providing support for Unicode in Dylan.
- Robert Roland enhanced the sqlite bindings.
Thanks to everyone who participated and we're looking forward to our next hack-a-thon in a couple of months.
All of these changes and much much more will be present in our upcoming 2013.2 release!